Leader: Fran Guard
Date: Saturday 29th August
Time: 9.30am to 2.00pm
Venue: Uniting Church Hall, 1284-1290 Landsborough-Maleny Rd, Maleny
You will need to bring:
- Your lunch. Morning tea and coffee will be provided.
- Your microscope. QMS will be providing some microscopes as well as slides and chemicals for the day.
- Your agaric workshop pages with spore prints. Blank pages have been handed out at QMS meetings. See Fran Guard if you need more.
The aims of the workshop are:
- to involve members in creating a resource library of spore prints and photos of Agarics, with brief descriptions, including date, location, habit, and macro description of the fungus. It will include looking at different types of spores microscopically on the day.
- classifying these accumulated records by colour, and having several members choose a spore print colour to give a short presentation on the genera which produce that colour.
- collating the records for use on Forays.
- sharing resources useful in ID of fungi by spore colour.
For details about other QMS events, go to our Calendar of Events.